By The Independent Team
President Kenyatta along with his deputy William Ruto today unveiled the full list of their nominees to the Cabinet.
However in a move that is likely to surprise many of his supporters Mr. Ruto had earlier mentioned that there would not be any other politicians in the Cabinet except for him and the President.
“I can tell you today that there will only be two politicians in the Cabinet, the President and I, the rest will be managers able to implement our government’s programmes. During our interviews, we have not asked any of them which party they voted for because that is immaterial,” Ruto stated.
Expectations have been high for the inclusion of various members from the post-election alliances made with the Amani Coalition as well as high ranking political figures.
Mr Kenyatta apologized to the pubic and the media for the delay in announcing the nominees after media personalities were yesterday kept waiting for almost two hours at State House after which even when the initial list was read out it was incomplete.
A few complaints have been raised over some of the nominees the most notable being that of Mr. James Macharia, nominated for the Health Cabinet Secretary.
Medical practitioners questioned the move since Mr. Macharia is a well-known career banker with no background in the medical field.
Below is the full Cabinet list:
- Henry K. Rotich (The National Treasury)
- James Wainaina Macharia (Health)
- Dr. Hassan Wario (Sports, Culture and Arts)
- Ann Waiguru (Devolution and Planning)
- Davis Chirchir (Energy and Petroleum)
- Amb. Raychelle Omamo (Defence)
- Amb Amina Mohamed (Foreign Affairs)
- Eng. Michael Kamau (Transport and Infrastructure)
- Fred Matiang’i (Information, Communication and Technology (ICT),
- Phyllis Chepkosgey (East African affairs, Commerce and Tourism)
- Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi (Education)
- Felix Kosgey (Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries)
- Prof. Judy Wakhungu (Environment Water and Natural Resources)
- Najib Balala (Mining)
- Adan Mohammed (Industrialization)
- Charity Ngilu (Lands, Housing and Urban Development)
- Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Services (Vacant)
- Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government (Vacant)