The National Resistance Movement (NRM) has nominated Ndorwa West MP David Bahati and Lamwo County’s Hilary Onek among to the Parliament’s Appointments Committee.
Senior Presidential Press Secretary Don Wanyama Wednesday released a list of 20 MPs as the NRM party’s representatives to the committee.
The Committee is mandated to approve on behalf of Parliament, the appointment of persons nominated for appointment by the President under the Constitution or any other appointment required to be approved by Parliament under any law.
President Museveni is expected to name his cabinet any time soon.
The Committee also deals with any question which arises under clause (4) of Article 113 of the Constitution as to whether or not any office is an office of profit or emolument, the holding of which is likely to compromise the office of a Minister or a public officer.
Meetings of the Committee are convened by the Speaker and in his or her absence, by the Deputy Speaker.
- Arinaitwe Rwakajara (Workers)
- Hilary Onek (Lamwo County )
- Nabbanja Robinah (Kibaale District)
- Bahati David (Ndorwa West)
- Balyeku Moses Grace (Jinja West)
- Hellen Adoa (Serere District)
- Rwakoojo Robinah (Gomba West)
- Dr. Moriku Joyce (Moyo District )
- Obiga Kania Mario (Terego East )
- Asamo Hellen (PWD MP Eastern Region)
- Makumbi Henry K. (Mityana South)
- Nakayenze Connie (Mbale District )
- Okori-moe Janet (Abim District )
- Rwakimari Beatrice (Ntungamo District)
- Omony Oscar Otema (Youth MP Northern)
- Yeri Ofwono Apollo (Tororo Municipality)
- Chekamondo Rukia (Kapchorwa District)
- Nakatte Lillian Seguja (Luwero District)
- Olega Ashraf Noah (Aringa County)
- Kafuuzi Jackson Karugaba (Kyaka South)