Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | MTN Uganda starts their “20 years in Uganda” celebrations with a futuristic expo at Kololo on Friday.
“Celebrating the past, inspiring the future”, is the theme of a six-month-long celebration campaign to mark the double decade milestone of MTN’s existence in Uganda.
The expo at the Kololo Independence Grounds will run from Friday 19th to Monday 22nd October from 11am to 11pm everyday.
In a TBWA statement, MTN Uganda says it has “a compelling message to tell at the expo – especially of its journey, its impact on the social-economic fabric of Uganda and the beautiful, amazing picture it has for the future of Uganda – so you dare not miss it!”
“Entry fees is only UGX 5,000 but redeemable in refreshments, snacks & other things on sale. Kids under 12 will enter free of charge.”
Here are the TBWA top 8 reasons not to miss out on the MTN at 20 EXPO at the Kololo Independence Grounds
- BOSCO: You could bump into Bosco Katala mwana wa city! The hero in one of MTN Uganda’s latest adverts has captured the imagination of many. Bosco, a simple man who goes through the challenges of trying to pay for goods and services found a gem in the use of MTNs mobile financial services payment platform called MTN MoMo. Get ready to take selfies with him or even hitch a ride on his bike!
- Reminisce the past, Envision the future at the The MTN Museum: Twenty years ago, the telecommunications space in Uganda was barely nascent. Then came in MTN Uganda, and like a new kid on the block changed the game making communication more affordable to the common man. Come witness the products and services launched from Day 1 till now as MTN Uganda highlights the strides made in the Ugandan market as well as the brand’s involvement in communities.
- Get lost in A Geodesic Interactive Dome: This techy set up venue will have virtual reality, artificial intelligence, gaming consoles, robotics, augmented reality displays, interactive walls and screens. Come and see what technology has in store for now and in the future. Whats more, come experience the future of driving with the live 5G powered virtual car displayed ready for you to test drive it!
- Nothing like a good, old Partner! In the special Partners’ Tent, come and experience the old adage that says ‘alone we can do so little; together we can do so much’. Over the years, MTN Uganda has worked with key strategic partners in ensuring communications – be it voice or data – and breakthrough mobile financial services are brought to life in different ways. Come and meet Huawei, Stanbic Bank, Ericsson, Mastercard and ReadyPay. As you do that get refreshed with products from Nile Breweries and Coca-Cola.
- Gadgets Galore: There is no affair like a love affair with the Smart Phone and techy gadgets. At the Smartphone Fair you will get crazy discounts on the most innovative and exciting smartphones from partner companies. It’s time to replace your current handset and gift yourself an early Christmas present at the MTN Expo. Make a lasting impression by buying someone a gadget at this special MTN @ 20 EXPO. There will be lots of discounts and more goodies to win.
- Let the little children come to MTN: It will be the Kids Day Out at the special Kids Play Zone where you will find inflatable kids castles, face-painting, rides and so much more to keep your children, nephews, nieces, younger brothers and sisters busy and entertained. There is nothing like the 3 Fs: Food, Fun & Friendships for the kids (and you too!). Come to the food court and enjoy an array of sumptuous bites as you listen to the best of Ugandan music.
- Alex Mukulu’s “MTN@20 Musical Drama”: Two facts about a man who has been on top of his game for decades; a) No one tells a tale better than Alex Mukulu and b) there is nothing greater in Ugandan theatre than an Alex Mukulu production. This veteran dramatist, active playwright, actor, producer and occasional musician has produced an awesome interactive live performance that tells the history of MTN through the years. If you recall the moving musical narrative that explored Uganda’s past into the present at the 2007 CHOGM Heads of State meeting (which also got him a standing ovation from The Queen, Presidents and Prime Ministers), then this special production will blow you away.
- Entertainment Galore: Over the years, MTN Uganda has brought us the best international acts, promoted the most talented local ones and continued to ensure that Ugandans are never bored thanks to their consistent support of the entertainment industry. The MTN @ 20 EXPO will be no different. Come and get entertained right from the event MCs – the comical Salvador & the sultry Malaika Nyanzi. There will be a theatrical urban circus, special laser show, surprise flash mobs and dramatic dance move performances from Turbo Flo. Enjoy musical performances from the golden generation represented by Juliana Kanyomozi and Jose Chameleon to the new generation of Levixone, Beenie Gunter, Rema, Lydia Jasmine, YKee Benda and King Saha. Lillian Mbabazi and The Sundowners will be there to remind you how best to sing and dance. Unwind to the mellow mixes of a host of Uganda’s top DJs: Selector J, DJ Dash, DJ LL, DJ Shock and the ever fresh Sir DJ Aludah. The funniest pair in Africa – Mad Rat & Chico – will also be on stage to ensure that you do not take life too seriously with a specially crafted comedy act.
— Val Okecho (@valokecho) October 18, 2018
SOURCE: LinkedIn TBWA