JOBS: FEMNET Executive Director
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT |JOBS| Would you like to join one of the largest and influential pan-African feminist networks in Africa as a Feminist-In-Chief?
Position Advertised: Executive Director (Ref: FNT-ED 2018)
Report to: Board of Directors
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 8th March, 2018
About FEMNET The African Women’s Development and Communication Network (FEMNET) is a feminist, pan-African organization established in 1988 to amplify African women’s voices and advance women’s and girls’ rights and gender equality.
Person Specification This role offers a unique opportunity for an individual with a genuine passion and commitment to work for the advancement of Gender Equality and Women and girls’ rights by leading one of the largest and influential pan-African feminist networks in Africa;
Experience, Skills competencies and qualifications:
Candidates will be required to demonstrate at least 7 years’ experience and achievement and qualifications against the majority of the following areas:
- Demonstrate commitment and experience in gender and development and/or women’s human rights organizing in Africa in all of its diversity—including a commitment to African women’s autonomy and choice;
- Demonstrate experience in African women’s human rights advocacy and policy influencing at the regional level in Africa and globally.
- Demonstrate experience in programme/ project management, including programme/ project conceptualization, development, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. · Demonstrate experience working in Africa, with a strong understanding of the realities facing the African women and girls in various African countries and regions.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- · Demonstrated capacity to communicate and work in both English and French.
Interested applicants should send their intent letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail)
. Applications are by e-mail only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the reference on the Subject line for the position you are applying for i.e. Executive Director – (Ref: FNT-ED 2018), Deadline for submission of applications is on 8th March, 2018.