Can this boy’s body really light up LED bulbs?
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | A 9-year-old boy from Kerala, in India, has become a social media sensation after videos of him lighting rechargeable LED light bulbs just by touching their electrical contacts with any part of his body went viral online.
Abu Thahir’s father, Nizar, who happens to be an electrician, told reporters that when he touches a LED bulb to any part of his son’s body, it just lights up.
Some people speculate the story is fake news. However, expert Joshy K Kuriakose told Manorama Online that the unusual phenomenon could be caused by the high salt content in his body.