Google+
Friday 25th of July 2014 03:57:03 PM

You buy the Truth, we pay the Price
Banner

President Museveni’s Statement During Signing of Anti-Homo Bill

It seems the topic of homosexuals was provoked by the arrogant and careless Western groups that are fond of coming into our schools and recruiting young children into homosexuality and lesbianism, just as they carelessly handle other issues concerning Africa. Initially, I did not pay much attention to it because I was busy with the immediate issues of defence, security, electricity, the roads, the railways, factories, modernization of agriculture, etc.
When, eventually, I concentrated my mind on it, I distilled three problems:
1. those who were promoting homo-sexuality and recruiting normal people into it;
2. as a consequence of No. 1 above, many of those recruited were doing so for mercenary reasons – to get money – in effect homosexual prostitutes; these mercenary homosexual prostitutes had to be punished;
3. homosexuals exhibiting themselves; Africans are
flabbergasted by exhibitionism of sexual acts – whether heterosexual or otherwise and for good reason. Why do you exhibit your sexual conduct? Are you short of opportunity for privacy – where you can kiss, fondle (kukirigiita, kwagaaga) etc.? Are we interested in seeing your sexual acts – we the Public? I am not able to understand the logic of the Western Culture. However, we Africans always keep our opinions to ourselves and never seek to impose our point of view on the others. If only they could let us alone.

It was my view that the above three should be punished harshly in order to defend our society from disorientation.

Therefore, on these three I was in total accord with the MPs and other Ugandans. I had, however, a problem with Category 4 or what I thought was category 4 – those “born” homosexual. I thought there were such people – those who are either genetic or congenital homosexuals. The reason I thought so was because I could not understand why a man could fail to be attracted to the beauties of a woman and, instead, be attracted to a fellow man. It meant, according to me, that there was something wrong with that man – he was born a homosexual – abnormal.
I, therefore, thought that it would be wrong to punish somebody because of how he was created, disgusting though it may be to us. That is why I refused to sign the Bill. In order to get to the truth, we involved Uganda Scientists as well as consulting Scientists from outside
Uganda. My question to them was: “Are there people that are homosexual right from birth?”. After exhaustive studies, it has been found that homosexuality is in two categories: there are those who engage in homosexuality for mercenary reasons on account of the under – developed sectors of our economy that cause people to remain in poverty, the great opportunities that abound not withstanding; and then there are those that become homosexual by both nature (genetic) and nurture (up-bringing). The studies that were done on identical twins in Sweden showed that 34% – 39% were homosexual on account of nature and 66% were homosexual on account of nurture. Therefore, even in those studies, nurture was more significant than nature. Can somebody be homosexual purely by nature without nurture? The answer is: “No”. No study has shown that. Since nurture is the main cause of homosexuality, then society

can do something about it to discourage the trends. That is why I have agreed to sign the Bill.

Since Western societies do not appreciate politeness, let me take this opportunity to warn our people publicly about the wrong practices indulged in and promoted by some of the outsiders. One of them is “oral sex”. Our youth should reject this because God designed the human being most appropriately for pleasurable, sustainable and healthy sex. Some of the traditional styles are very pleasurable and healthy. The mouth is not engineered for that purpose except kissing. Besides, it is very unhealthy. People can even contract gonorrhea of the mouth and throat on account of so-called “oral sex”, not to mention worms, hepatitis E, etc. The Ministry of Gender and Youth should de-campaign this buyayism imported from outside and sensitize the youth about the healthy life style that is abundant in our cultures. We reject the notion that somebody can be homosexual by choice; that a man can choose to love a fellow man; that sexual orientation is a matter of choice.

Yoweri K. Museveni Gen. (Rtd)
P R E S I D E N T
24th February, 2014.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to President Museveni’s Statement During Signing of Anti-Homo Bill

1. Pingback: Ugandan President Signs Anti-Homosexuality Bill Into Law | Omaha Free Press

2. Pingback: NewsSprocket | Ugandan President Signs Anti-Homosexuality Bill Into Law

3. Teena says:

“Since my original thesis that there may be people who are born homosexual has been disproved by science, then the homosexuals have lost the argument in Uganda. They should rehabilitate themselves and society should assist them to do so.”
    Don’t know where you went to college, but ALL modern science accepts that homosexuality has a biological basis and is NOT a choice. That being said, why don’t you try to become a “homosexual” as you term it? Could you? Of course not! Well then why would you think the opposite is true? Absurd!
    There are so many other more pressing problems in the world. And this is the type of issue that gives the rest of the world the impression that Africa is still in the dark ages.

4. SM says:

Its about time a political leader has the guts to stand up to the people that CHOOSE to live that life. It has been proven that it is a choice, end of story. And on the previous comment, you asking the president to go ahead and choose a bad lifestyle is the best you got to prove it is not a choice. He is right, God designed it one way and one way only. Quit trying to change the Master plan. What is popular is not always good and what is good is not always popular!!!

5. sirald66 says:

Vile country.

6. S Parx says:

Most of your sexual practices and taboos were brought to your country by missionaries and other groups who did not approve of traditional African practices. Before  you talk about your “African” values maybe you should find out what they really are. Most of what you value today came to you from “the west”

7. Inis Magrath says:

Dear LGBT Ugandans: Do whatever you can to save enough money to come to America on a tourist visa. Work, beg, borrow, whatever you need to do to get here. Then, with this vile and despicable law in place in Uganda, you will have an easy time getting political asylum and be allowed to live here permanently.

It is a win-win — vile hateful anti-gay Ugandans will get rid of you, and you weill have the joy of living in America, a country where gay rights are expanding, not retreating.

8. L E says:

What a jolly lot of nonsense. “Recruitment” into homosexuality. This is what bigots always say. There is a preponderance of evidence that points to homosexuality being biological. This criminal who runs your government is trying to demonize people to curry favor with the uneducated people of Uganda. You should deal with him as you deal with other criminals.

9. RealityBites says:

Give a monkey power and you can always expect exploitation and rampant ignorance.

he is a monkey because of his lack of intelligence and ignorance not because of his pigmentation.

10. Wisdom at Last says:

Wisdom at last.
    Makes me want to emigrate to Uganda

11. denzil says:

Well done son of Kaguta. Now that the bill has become law, we demand for the restoration of term limits, democracy, functional health and education sector, better roads and job creation for University graduates.

12. Marc Lawrence says:

Yoweri Museveni is intellectually medieval and semiliterate, a true heir to the butcher Idi Amin. I feel sorry for Ugandans who agree with his backward, antediluvian views.

13. Jesse Dirkhising says:

Perhaps now homosexuals will be held accountable for their actions and punished for raping and killing children they have attempted to groom.  Homosexuals are made, not born.  Homosexuality is like a bad religion and it must be stamped out like an infectious disease.

14. I would never harm a child placed in my possession.

15. Michael Jackson says:

I never molested a single little boy who didn’t want to be.  I wrote checks to twenty-four families for the right to give their sons Jesus Juice and molest them.  Just because I only molested little boys doesn’t make me a homosexual paedophile.

16. Pingback: New law makes harsher climate for gay Ugandans | Humanosphere

17. kmavor says:

What a sad, sorry state of affairs.  The claim that homosexuality is solely a matter of choice is preposterous.  Most people are born heterosexual, some are born homosexual, and some are born with the potential to live as either one.  It is only the last group who can be swayed or ‘converted,’ almost always by their own curiosity rather than by persuasion.
    It seems obvious to me that homophobia is a result of fear that you may have such inclintions; why else would you fear homosexuality?
    The claim that homosexuals recruit children has been proven to b e false.  You are talking about paedaphelia, a genuine perversion, which is not gender-based at all.  Ther vast majority of paedaphiles are heterosexual in their adult dealings - i.e. if heterosexuals are 80 – 90 % of the population at large, they are closer to 95 – 100 % of the paedephile ’community.’  In oither words, homosexuals are far LESS likely to abuse children than heterosexuals are.

Perhaps most alarming about the new bill is its proximity to Nazi tactics, actually requiring people to inform on others.  The potential for political, social, or personal abuse through this means is frightening.

I want to add that as a white North American, I am embarrassed by the racist tone of many of the letters here.  The attitudes displayed by this bill are NOT unique to Africa, and have nothing to do with race or geography. Similar attitudes are just below the surface in Arizona and just above it in Russia. There is a fairly convincing argument that much of Ugabda’s homophobia was introduced by Western evangelists, and is a sort of western colonialism. I would urge anyone who writes to treat all people with respect.

18. kmavor says:

It’s obvious that several of the comments here come from a single source.  The names on three of the letters are clearly false, and represent a peculiarly cowardly means of demeaning the issue:  Jesse Dirkhising was a teenaged boy, pparently raped and murdered by two adult homosexuals; Frank Lombard was an employee of Duke University who offered his adopted 5 year-old son for sex; and Michael Jackson needs no explanation.  If the real author has anything of merit to say, he/she should stop trivializing genuine atrocities.  Of course you can find examples of homosexual paedephiles – there are a few – but to hide behind the names of both victims and criminals, using them as a kind of ‘in-joke,’  is the behaviour of a coward.

19. Harriet Kirabo says:

Well done dear H.E the president, It’s very wise of you to use your time and save the children of uganda from those trying to destroy them in the name of “sex- orientation”. Donot mind about those morally fallen fellows, we forgive them its a sinful nature. However, we pray that all will come to know the truth of Jesus ‘christ and they will be free. Some homosexuals have chosen to get out of the habit and God has helped them to be normal again. Any homosexual/lesbian can achieve normal lifestyle of sexuality if they want. Lets all work towards helping our future generations to live normal as God planned in all aspects of life. Blessings to president M7!

20. Pingback: Malawi At The Cross-Roads- Part 7 | Malawi Voice

21. Pingback: Malawi At The Cross-Roads- Part 7 | Malawi Voice | My Website

22. religione says:

I blog frequently and I genuinely appreciate your information.

Your article has really peaked my interest. I’m going
    to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too.